FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KVS Availability Tool
View Single Post
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:32 am
zozeppelin

Originally Posted by paulwuk
Why doesn't KVS just pay for access to the GDS like legitimate data tools, and deliver the core part of KVS Availability Tool to it's customers?
Exactly, I think everyone would be very happy with this solution (assuming it isn't velocity limited), even if they had to pay more. Or maybe make a second version so those that like what they have (and the inherent risk and price point) can stick with that.

I'll speculate that it has to do with $. Consider you have a GUI developed for 10+ years with minimal maintenance and no overhead requirement (server hardware and bandwidth) since the searches go user->www. Now if he provides GDS service, that will require not only paying for GDS but also paying to accommodate the searches all route to him (server hardware + bandwidth). The current 60 second blackout between routing rules searches that route to KVS server is not acceptable in my opinion. Having that carry over to Fare/Availability would be even worse. The key value of KVS is consolidated searches (efficient). Having to wait 60 seconds you might as well pay for EF because it is faster and reliable.

But again, instead of fixing the issues or making new solutions, all we get is PR coverup and misdirection here.