FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KF Elite Silver
Thread: KF Elite Silver
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2014, 5:15 am
aster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
Originally Posted by SQ325
I do not really agree. Its somewhere in the middle, but KF is good if you redeem on SQ, bad if you arent planning that because you have no way to spend alternatively. The Gold benefits are in line with the *standard and there are not many *FFP offering more (the SEN level at MM has a much higher entry level, therfore they need to throw in a few more perks).

The silver level is like on most *FFP almost uniformly a joke, but so it is on Skyteam (not familiar with OW, but i reckon its not much different).

OW makes sense for certain flight pattern ex-SIN, but as soon as someone has a lot of regional travelling to do, its useless. Not all of us clock in enough miles to reach status on two different programmes.
KF is awful if you do not generate miles via credit cards. Miles & More SEN (*G) status requires more miles, that's true, but you get HEAPS more in return. Not to mention that you only need to rack up the required miles in one of the membership years (yup, once you qualify you get status for 2+ years).

I would disagree that Silver is bad across the board. SQ Silver is exceptionally bad... simply because it gives you no perks at all.

LH Silver:
- business class check-in on LH and other Miles&More airlines (Austrian+LOT+Swiss)
- extra luggage on LH and other Miles&More airlines
- lounge access on LH and other Miles&More airlines

SQ Silver:
- nothing
- nothing
- nothing

Even Silver on Finnair gives you better check-in, extra luggage & lounge access when flying with them.