FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - KF Elite Silver
Thread: KF Elite Silver
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:19 pm
SQ325

Originally Posted by aster
I agree that KF is probably the worst ffp to get into. It's outdated and offers absolutely NOTHING decent apart from regular *G benefits that every other carrier in the alliance has to offer as well. Silver level is a complete joke.
I do not really agree. Its somewhere in the middle, but KF is good if you redeem on SQ, bad if you arent planning that because you have no way to spend alternatively. The Gold benefits are in line with the *standard and there are not many *FFP offering more (the SEN level at MM has a much higher entry level, therfore they need to throw in a few more perks).

The silver level is like on most *FFP almost uniformly a joke, but so it is on Skyteam (not familiar with OW, but i reckon its not much different).

Originally Posted by aster
But even living in SIN, there are many better OW choices for flights instead of SQ. BA easily beats SQ on flights to SYD, and flying to Europe AY (Finnair) is a great choice too.
OW makes sense for certain flight pattern ex-SIN, but as soon as someone has a lot of regional travelling to do, its useless. Not all of us clock in enough miles to reach status on two different programmes.