FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada rouge, a leisure airline
View Single Post
Old Nov 2, 2014, 8:24 am
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Resurrection
From First to Worst: YVR-LAX Y rtn

Longtime lurker motivated to make my first post on the horrendous downgrade on this route from mainline to rouge. AC used to be my carrier of choice on this segment. I pay my own flight costs and often fly Y on short haul. The E190's were comfortable and the AVOD first rate. By contrast the rouge 319 was probably the least comfortable jet I have been on in many years. At 6 ft tall, my knees were jammed up against the seat ahead of me. The tightness of the pitch made it impossible to even slide my feet further underneath to relieve my cramped legs. Yes the crew had snappy hats but service was no better or worse than Air Canada. The constant references to stowing "gear" quickly became annoying. I was flying to LA , not trekking the Himalayas. The return flight suffered a 40 minute delay as they attempted to fix something on the aging aircraft.

No doubt AC is armed with some data showing LAX and SFO are leisure routes but I cannot recommend rouge service to LA over Westjet. WS seat pitch is far better. Message to AC: you are not competing with Sunwing or Transat on this route. You are competing with a scheduled Canadian carrier with a better product at basically the same price.

Make sure to post your experience here:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_canrge.htm

Currently Rouge with 2/10 rating is the worst rated airline in the world. Worse than Spirit or Ryanair.
And thats only because the worst rating you can give is 1/10.