FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAS to face Ryainair at CPH starting in March 2015
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:03 am
FlyingMoose

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
No self-respecting individual will fly RyanAir, hardly competition. They've been flying from Stockholm Skavsta for years and it hardly impacted SAS. Surely they didn't lose any business travellers over it.

Originally Posted by Mattyb44
You are missing the key point here, well actually you are not. If they are the only operator flying a route, they will get customers. I would also believe there is a large proportion of danes who would rather pay 149dkk than 1499dkk for a flight to London. If Easyjet have made the LCC model out of CPH work, Ryanair will have absolutely no problems!
I'm also sure there are plenty of Danes who would love to see people that expect they can fly for 149dkk no longer aboard real airlines.

Regardless of their "unique" routes being useless as the airports are usually secondary in the middle of nowhere. I'm more worried about having 3 LCC carriers trying to support a business from CPH, the local market simply can't support it.