FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Companion pass 2013-14
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2014, 3:47 pm
robothero

Hey all, I realize I'm super late to this, but I wanted to confirm that I'm on track for my companion pass for EOY.

I'm getting married at the end of November, and we were planning on honeymooning next year (once we had saved up a bit more). We've never been big travelers, but when I saw the offer for 50k points in January I figured why not jump for it and see if we can get our flights paid for on points. We have since put all of our wedding expenses to this point on the card, and I am currently sitting at 73k qualifying points (with some help by a few promotions and some extra points on this and that)! We also just booked a hotel for a quick getaway right after the wedding through Rocketmiles, netting us 14k+5k bonus miles for the trip.

I never even considered Companion Pass prior to noticing that with the 14k, we would be really close, so why not give it a shot!

So here's what I'm doing

73k - current
14k - will post from after trip (12/4-7)
19k - transferring from Choice hotels

This puts me about 4k shy of the pass.

I have about 2k worth of activity on the chase card that hasn't posted yet for October (my statement close date is today). Based on what I've been reading on this thread, the posting for the end of December is kind of iffy, so I really need to bust out that other 2k in November, and pray that Rocketmiles posts my other points in time (which again, based off other reading should be no problem).

Is there anything else I'm missing? I read something about adjusting your statement close date, but I didn't completely understand / am not sure if it applies to me.

Sorry about the long winded post and thanks in advance!