FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa GC at Weis Markets = CC points + Gas Points + Free stuff
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:11 am
fletchbo

Programs: SPG, SW Air, AA, all of'em!
Originally Posted by ChurnCzar
If you have Weis Markets in your area (MD, NY, PA) you will want to get some Visa GC at Weis because you can get a triple benefit.

Credit Card reward points, Gas points that work at Sheetz (10 cents off per gallon per $50 spent), and they have "Spend $25 get x free" coupons in their circulars. (Note the freebie coupons are on a smaller wrap around in the Sunday paper, usually not on the circulars they have in the front of the store).

A couple weeks ago all they had were $200 Metabanks, but last night their stock had been replenished and I got a $500 variable load Metabank which netted me 1000 Barclays points, $1 off per gallon of gas, and a free 2 liter soda and a free package of 6 Italian ices.

The gas program is actually pretty good - I think you can get it down to a penny a gallon, and when you do use the points it is a 20 gallon limit.

On the downside - you can buy $200 ones without issue, but they had to fill out a form with the $500 purchase - writing down my driver's license info I think. They were very apologetic and said it was related to identity theft.
Good info; thanks. Have you ever tried to buy the Visa / MC GCs at Weis with an AMEX GC? Will they allow?

ALSO, not clear on the Weis web site - when do their gas rewards EXPIRE?

Thanks!