FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:49 pm
richardinmotion

Programs: Delta FO
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Regardless of the direction, if there are people who aren't moving (to try to board) and they're blocking the way for me to board when my zone is called, I usually try "Excuse me please" twice, with the second request being a little louder, then say something like "please move, I need to get through, I'm in FC" (or whatever) once or twice, and then it finally becomes "please get out of the way." [no expletives or references to any body parts]

One time recently someone responded by yelling at me that I was rude, but I consider it rude to block others from boarding with the zone that they have earned or purchased. It's not likely that I'll play Minnesota nice and be stuck boarding with zone 99 because gate lice refuse to move and just stand there when they know that it's not yet their zone.

<end of rank. thank you. that feels better>
I like to say, "Excuse me!". When they turn around to look at me, I say "Are you in first class?", while feigning helplessness and humility. There is inevitably a drawn out look of confusion and angst on their face, which is highly rewarding for me. 100% of the time, they will step aside. This only works if I have an upgrade.