FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Oct 24, 2014, 8:35 pm
labjr1

Programs: Delta - DM, Ritz PM, Hertz President's Club, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It always seemed to me that more people would be willing to check a bag if they could depend on the bag being delivered promptly, undamaged, not lost, and with nothing stolen from it. Having TSA do security has made it worse for delays and items bing lost/stolen/damaged. There's also the inconvenience of needing to sometimes to get to the airport earlier to check a bg or having to wait in a long line to do so. Checking a bag just opens a lot of possibilities for things to go wrong. Furthermore, if one is using public transportation or even a shuttle bus to a rental car, it can be hard to manage more luggage than can fit into the bin anyway.
I've flown over 220 segments on Delta in the past year and a half, I always check my bag (thank you sky priority) and I have not had a single item lost, misplaced or delayed. Therefore I cannot agree with your premise. My experience tells me Delta has checked baggage working very efficient and reliably.