FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gate Lice are coming... the GATE LICE are coming
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:44 pm
FlyingUnderTheRadar

Programs: Delta, United
Originally Posted by mattp1987
I'll admit to coming in sometimes from the side, but that's because it's often impossible to tell who is actually in line. If the gaggle of gate lice would move to the sides so that the actual line of people boarding at that time can come straight in this wouldn't be a problem. However, at least at many airports, there isn't even room for the 16 F passengers on an MD to make a straight line between the scanner and the gate lice, and that gets even worse in zones with more people. I've probably accidentally stepped in front of someone who was actually boarding in my zone, but I know for sure that I've had the same done to me. The system being proposed here would at least help somewhat to alleviate this problem.

I fully agree, I have just given up on any sense of boarding order. If I am sitting off to the side when my zone is called I enter from the side. If I am sitting elsewhere I enter from that direction.