FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest Companion Pass 2015-2016
View Single Post
Old Oct 20, 2014, 11:31 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by steved5480
Yes that is correct.

Functionality/workflow work exactly the same as in post #16.

One caveat---

If you end up cutting it close on your CP qualification date, be careful to check regular public purchase availability on-line prior to cancelling your to-be-Companion's points booking and adding them as your Companion.

Although with 3,600 flights/day it's not real common, there's always a chance your flight could sell-out before you qualify for the CP.

If that happens, (once you qualify) call SWA on the telephone and ask them to add your Companion for you. Their rinky-dink IT system does have a cool trick that allows the agent to put your now-companion's points reservation in limbo-land momentarily and then attach the companion to your reservation.

Your points will then return to the nest pretty much immediately. This eliminates the chance of someone out there in the world snapping-up the one remaining seat (that you just cancelled) before you are able to add it as a Companion.

If you see that the flight is still wide-open, then certainly just go ahead and DIY with no worries.

Obviously you'll not be booking any March 2016 flights for anyone until those schedules open up late next summer.
Thanks for all the info.

I wouldn't be surprised if MSP/TPA is sold out well before departure as if it's still available I will grab the nonstop Saturday afternoon departure but I should have CP ( saying the 50k cards and 110K are still in effect) by the end of January 2016