FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade still waitlisted even though R (now PZ) class is available {Archive}
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:01 pm
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Most of us, I'm sure you included, would rather have a system that can be trusted to work correctly than a system that allows rampant queue-jumping by those who happen to find R open and have the ability to act immediately on it, regardless of the population size who knows about and/or is able to act on the current loophole...
I agree, but knowing about the system flaw and how to (depending on your viewpoint) play or compensate for it is better than not knowing about it. Those at a disadvantage are those who don't know about it. Fixing the system will probably result in fewer upgrades for those who play/compensate for it. Those people would probably not want the flaw to be fixed if they knew they were receiving more upgrades than they should.

Plenty of posts in this forum of people happy they called in when they saw R available and got agent to clear them into it. Those same people might be have sat in coach had the system flaw not existed. I wonder how many of those would (honestly) admit that they'd have rather sat in coach and let the people they bypassed sit in front.

The best/fairest answer is fix the system and let the chips fall as they should.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Oct 18, 2014 at 12:17 pm