FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting tk to cancel wrongfully credited miles,any chance???
Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:54 am
geirfugl
Suspended

Getting tk to cancel wrongfully credited miles,any chance???

I recently credited a UA flight EWR-SGN to TK,apr 9000 miles to acheive E+,I wanted to credit the return to UA MP to acheive 1K.Upon check inn in SGN I informed staff abouth this,AND,my BPs show my MP number,not my TK.Still the miles were credited to TK,making me 2500,yes 2500 miles short of 1K,all the fault of UA.The miles actually credited to TK incredibly fast,faster than they would have done to UA!!!

UA informs me that in order to rectify this I need to obtain a letter from TK that states that the miles have been canceled by TK in order for them to be credited to UA.This is IN SPITE of me sending copies of the SGN-HKG-EWR BPs clearly showing my UA number. I stress that I,not the faulty party,UA,is responsible for doing this.

My feeling is that the chances of doing this sucessfully are next to nill,have anybody EVER done this??

If nobody have done this I will consider it imposible and buy UA miles or do a redicoulous TK domestic MR (for rather less money,to Van,methinks).

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by geirfugl; Oct 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm