Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Getting tk to cancel wrongfully credited miles,any chance???

Old Oct 18, 2014, 8:54 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I recently credited a UA flight EWR-SGN to TK,apr 9000 miles to acheive E+,I wanted to credit the return to UA MP to acheive 1K.Upon check inn in SGN I informed staff abouth this,AND,my BPs show my MP number,not my TK.Still the miles were credited to TK,making me 2500,yes 2500 miles short of 1K,all the fault of UA.The miles actually credited to TK incredibly fast,faster than they would have done to UA!!!

UA informs me that in order to rectify this I need to obtain a letter from TK that states that the miles have been canceled by TK in order for them to be credited to UA.This is IN SPITE of me sending copies of the SGN-HKG-EWR BPs clearly showing my UA number. I stress that I,not the faulty party,UA,is responsible for doing this.

My feeling is that the chances of doing this sucessfully are next to nill,have anybody EVER done this??

If nobody have done this I will consider it imposible and buy UA miles or do a redicoulous TK domestic MR (for rather less money,to Van,methinks).

Thanks for any replies

Last edited by geirfugl; Oct 18, 2014 at 7:45 pm
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:47 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by geirfugl
My feeling is that the chances of doing this sucessfully are next to nill,have anybody EVER done this??
I've tried doing this before with LH Miles&More (removing miles from there), and it became such a complicated and tedious affair that I eventually gave up.

Now, if that's how it was with LH, then the chances of getting it done with TK are, well... I wouldn't waste my time.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:30 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
I've tried doing this before with LH Miles&More (removing miles from there), and it became such a complicated and tedious affair that I eventually gave up.

Now, if that's how it was with LH, then the chances of getting it done with TK are, well... I wouldn't waste my time.
Thanks,that is excactly what I also feel,just wanted to check if anybody has done it before I resign myself to reality,at least I have alternatives to get the miles I need,although I will loose status bonus miles with both UA and TK in the proses (will probably credit TK to UA,so no elite bonus,already lost 75 pct on apr 9000 UA miles),well.well
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
This is ridiculous. Reading about it makes me angry. UA needs to compensate you for the trouble. A classy airline would match you to 1K as apology.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:31 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
This is ridiculous. Reading about it makes me angry. UA needs to compensate you for the trouble. A classy airline would match you to 1K as apology.
Thanks,unfortunately UA is abouth on par with TK(generally Im no UA hater) when it comes to compensation,6 weeks ago ,f.instance,I was 24 hours delayed at EWR due to technical faults,received zero,nill, compensation,all I got was a truly horrible hotel in Newark and 21 usd,yes twenty one,for 3 meals,and this was on a routing where EU 261 aplies !!!

The funny thing is that they seemed to think that giving me a room in a hotel where people were litterally having fistfights in the parking area was the hight of customer service !!!

Thats life
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Just an update on this saga,flying IST-EZE on TK,2 weeks ago,I credited the miles to UA MP,loosing my bonus for Comfort class with TK,like I had previously lost apr 7500 bonus miles on UA bcs THEY wrongfully credited to TK.

Miles have not credited,and I fear they newer will,so 2300 miles short of 1K,and have probably lost my chance of upgrading a AMS-EZE itinerary in V class with GPUs.

I have no more travel With UA booked this year,and only short flights that do not credit to UA with TK,so to be reasonably safe I am going from Izmir to Kars next week for the day,should give me apr 2500 UA miles IF IT CREDITS,will buy the ticket at the airport,only showing my UA card.

This has so far cost me apr 20.000 lost miles,almost certainly the GPU upgrades for february (AMS-IAH-EZE,NOT A SHORT HAUL,BY ANY STANDARD !!),and posibly apr 25.000 more bonus miles next year and 6 GPU Upgrades if my litle Kars adventure do not credit.

This is CRAZY,and none of it is my fault !!!

Last edited by geirfugl; Nov 24, 2014 at 11:07 am
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Premier Gold
have probably lost my chance of upgrading a AMS-EZE itinerary in V class with GPUs.

This has so far cost me apr 30.000 miles,almost certainly the GPU upgrades for february,and posibly apr 25.000 more bonus miles next year and 6 GPU Upgrades if my litle Kars adventure do not credit.
You are aware that the chance of getting a GPU cleared is not very high.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 12:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by warakorn
You are aware that the chance of getting a GPU cleared is not very high.
With 4 months,there should be some chanche,with 1 or 2,very litle,-yes I am aware of that!!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by italdesign
UA has nothing to do with this. It is 100% TK's issue. UA will credit the miles if so advised (and paid for as per *A rules) by TK. I cannot conceive of any major carrier in any one of the three alliances which would credit in this circumstance without the written advice UA has asked for here.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 4:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
UA has nothing to do with this. It is 100% TK's issue. UA will credit the miles if so advised (and paid for as per *A rules) by TK. I cannot conceive of any major carrier in any one of the three alliances which would credit in this circumstance without the written advice UA has asked for here.
What do you mean,UA has nothing to do with this,UA made the mistake of crediting to TK in spite of me asking to have the miles credited to UA,my BPs show my UA number,not my TK number,how can this not be UAs responsibility??

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.