FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice about travel to BKK & HKT (end-Oct)
Old Oct 12, 2014, 4:41 am
GuyFromBOM

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Advice about travel to BKK & HKT (end-Oct)

I am planning a self-exploring trip to TH end-October- covering Bangkok & Phuket. I am eligible to Visa on Arrival for 15 days, at a charge of THB 1,000.

I have a few querries, hopefully the veterans shall help resolve and maybe share a few tips as well.

1. Besides the requirement of confirmed return air-tickets, 2 passport size photo and proof of funds (about THB 10,000) and a travel insurance; would the Immigrations Officials need confirmed hotel bookings? I was hoping to walk-up and choose a place that I liked.

2. Which mobile service provider is recommended for good coverage / data usage in & around BKK / HKT. Any documents they would need?

3. I plan to stay in BKK for about 8/9 days and then fly to HKT for about 5 days on ThaiAirways. On return from HKT, I would connect to my AirIndia flight from BKK, with a halt in between of about 7 hours. Is there likely to be any issue, if i decide to check-in about 7 hours before departure..?

4. I have a habbit of carrying few OTC medicines. Usually has a strip of Paracetamol tabs, another strip of tabs for Cold & Flu, few tabs for upset tummy. Would that be a prob in TH..?

I welcome all advice and suggestions that may help me have a nice & safe trip.

Thanks in advance,
GuyFromBOM.