FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Bloggers Starting to Run Out of Content
Old Oct 11, 2014, 12:13 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by techgirl
By the way... there is no edict that blogs hosted on BA or P2B be "points and miles" oriented. Mine is not, and Randy knew it wouldn't be when I brought the proposal to him. There is a lot of room for diversification on the BA/P2B sites and a Randy has welcomed that from several of us.who are not miles/points bloggers. It seems to be only the group here on FT who seems to have a problem with that expansion which makes me kind of sad.
I'm not sure who all you're referring to specifically, perhaps my post above is one. However it's not the FT members posting on this forum, but veteran BA bloggers who have foot-stomped BA's main focus on miles & points vice general travel (this is only one example that I could readily recall, not the only one) So perhaps not everyone within the BA family is on the same sheet of music as to the mission focus. In which case I'm not sure how the rest of us would be expected to think otherwise.

I believe you're the first BA blogger who has posted here that there was/is any initiative within BA to diversify beyond merely miles focused travel writing. If so that's great! I think the majority of comments here have been disappointed with the lack of diversity.

Thanks for the explanation above.