FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Official Confirmed Diamond Suite Upgrade Experiences MASTER THREAD (WIKI)
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:51 pm
Kurosawa22

I didn't initially come here to relate my Diamond Suite Upgrade experiences, though I will since I'm here. I actually have another question. I recently used a suite upgrade in Dubai to get a "Park Suite" on a points+cash rate. However, when I made my reservation at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi with points+cash, I was AUTOMATICALLY given a Park Suite. It says on my reservation something like, "Points+Cash Combined with Tier Benefit Suite Upgrade".

My question...and trust me I don't want to get greedy (I'm PLENTY happy with the Park Suite in Abu Dhabi!), but I'm wondering if a Diamond Suite Upgrade cert would add a further "confirmed" upgrade? I'm guessing no since the Upgrade certs are for the base level suite, which is what I booked directly into somehow on Cash+Points.

As for my past upgrade experiences using upgrade certs, here they are:

Andaz 5th Avenue - Splash Suite
Andaz West Hollywood - Andaz Suite Queen (the only one in the hotel!)
Grand Hyatt Istanbul - Grand Suite Twin
Park Hyatt Beijing - Park Suite
Park Hyatt Tokyo - Park Suite

Loved them all! The last two being the best and the Splash Suite at the Andaz 5th Avenue coming SUPER close to those.