FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Plays Dirty and Kicks Delta Out of Dallas-Love
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:48 am
kettle1

Programs: DL DM, 5.7 MM, UA 3.1 MM, MARRIOTT PLATINUM, AVIS FIRST, Amex Black Card
Originally Posted by Tamino
Why would someone who lives or works 10 to 15 minutes from DAL want to drive 45 minutes to DFW? For many years I flew DAL to IAH 4 to 6 times a month. Those flights were always full, even when 8 to 10 a day were operated. One analyst may not agree, but is this one opinion the definitive observation?
First off, again, DAL airport should have been torn down - not exist 35 years later after DFW was built. If those UA flts are so full, why is UA going to start 90 min turns with RJ's and tying up 2 gates? Something sinks in the BIG D. Leasing one gate to WN. Why not 20 flts a day using 2 gates to one city?

If CO or UA was making so much money, why don't they turn the planes in 30 min. Like in every other airline/airport in the world? RJ's. Come on. They are playing games. DL would do the same, but this is between the city of Dallas and the airlines. UA with 12 flts a day with 2 gates with RJ's.

Originally Posted by Tamino
I keep reading the contention that UA is planning 90 minute turns on 12 flights a day from DAL but from what source is this information obtained? I obviously missed the UA press release outlining these details. Either that or someone is blowing smoke.
Why would UA release such GREAT NEWS on a press release.
UA and at the city council meeting (Dallas). Look it up. Try Google.

I am the person "blowing smoke" - I guess. Look it up.

The city of Dallas, TX city council needs to step up and allow airlines to compete at "LOVE" field. This includes every airline.

Last edited by kettle1; Oct 9, 2014 at 4:59 am Reason: spelling