FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 764 [767-400]
Old Oct 4, 2014, 3:28 pm
nikolastojsin

Programs: UA 1K, GE/Nexus, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
I just did 1B to HNL. The footwell is nice, but there are two negatives with this seat. First, the aisle is particularly narrow right there b/c of the closet on the other side and if you use the armrest you will get bumped by the FA's. Second, you look right into the galley at the jumpseat area. This is where the FA's congregate after meal service and they were pretty loud on this flight. I think I would take 1A, 1K, or 1L all over 1B. With the windows probably getting the slight edge because there's no galley light issue in those seats.
While Kacee is exactly right, I flew with my SO recently in 1K and 1L - and felt that 1A/1B pair would have been better (could have been the case of grass is greener). In 1K, you get the nice footwell, but you are sitting two feet from a closet that is constantly being used, and feel like you sitting in the aisle, which curves right around your knee. I also had a great view of a FA that sat in the galley jumpseat reading a book for about 80% of the flight (with lights on, of course).

My go to seat in this plane is 1D, but that is a matter of personal preference (I need the large foot well and bulkhead is wide, so it blocks the galley light - and alleviates privacy concerns.)