FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Europcar Service: Can it get any worse?
View Single Post
Old Sep 24, 2014, 1:16 pm
Gaza

Programs: Still a lowly Blue with BA but inching towards Bronze. Managed to get to KLM Silver!
Europcar Service: Can it get any worse?

I am growing increasingly frustrated at the service I am receiving from Europcar. I commute on easyJet each week between Edinburgh and Stansted. On arrival I pick up a car from Europcar as they generally have the best rates and as I am commuting at my own cost, I need to make savings where I can.

I make my Europcar bookings though either the Europcar website or the cars.easyjet.com website. Being a weekly commuter is not an easy life and I look for anything I can do to make it easier. One of the things I hoped that would make my life easier was signing-up for the Privilege scheme.

The promises made on the website - http://www.europcar.co.uk/EBE/module/render/eready - suggest that my pick-ups would be easier and quicker. The reality was somewhat different, as it soon became apparent that when booking through the easyJet website credit card security issues (so I am told) prevent them offering Ready Service and if I wanted it I would have to book direct. Notwithstanding that, the easyJet website continues to claim there is a dedicated desk for Speedy Rental at Stansted which clearly there is not.

A few months ago the public rates on the Europcar website were on a par with those booked through easyJet so I decided to spend a few extra pounds and book 8 weeks worth direct with Europcar in the expectation that I would get Ready Service. How wrong I was. Only 1 out of my last 9 rentals have I received Ready Service.

The queues at STN on a Monday can be horrendous. I have waited more than 45 minutes at times.

I am now at a complete loss as to what I have to do to get Ready Service. Looking at the Europcar website link above I appear to meet all the criteria

• How do I know if my booking is eligible for Ready?

• Your booking will be eligible if:

o You've selected the pay online option
o You've used your Europcar ID when making the booking
o No additional drivers were added at the time of booking (don't worry, you can always add more drivers at the station!)
o You are hiring at a participating hire location, in one of the following countries: France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Belgium, UK, Australia, New Zealand.
o All elements of your booking have been confirmed.
Customer Services have been hopeless. I have even emailed the Europcar MD twice and all he has done is forward it on to the customer service teams. The last time I emailed him he forwarded the email complete with his signature containing his mobile phone number so I may just give him a call.

Does anyone else have this issue with Ready Service.