FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA to end JFK-IAD Service, Effective 25 October 2014
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:23 pm
meFIRST

Also I should note that since the merger the JFK-IAD effectively almost at certain times served as a UAL crew shuttle. Since the ps planes were effectively PMUA, UA had to sometimes shuttle people from IAD to work the flights, via you guessed it , JFK-IAD.

I wonder if this has anything to do with that?

Also, since only PMUA crews can work the ps flights, I wonder how does this affect the reliability of the ps flights?

To work some of the pmUA flights to Europe, UA had to fly people in. LOL.

Originally Posted by sbm12
It made sense pre-merger to help get passengers to the long-haul flights ex-IAD. Now it makes a lot less sense. Doubly so with the draw-down of smaller regional flights.

If you're connecting onward past IAD then you need to be on the 14:25 ex-JFK, not the 19:30. The similarly timed LGA flight still gives time to get to JFK for either the early or the late Europe departures if needed.

Most of those offer interline connections on other partners. You can do it on a single ticket, just not on UA+partner.
sbm12, ...{unneeded comment removed} in this instance you are wrong.

If you are going to DXB after the DOH fight drops, those flights leave at 10PM now, so why would I want to take the 2:30PM JFK-IAD flight?. The 7:30PM flight fits nicely. If UA caves, there is a 10PM to FRA on LH and other possibilities. ( EK notwithstanding)

Now if I were to leave from EWR, the 7:30PM leave right at the SAME TIME the last flight to Frankfurt leaves, leaving me stuck at EWR. Oh well.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 20, 2014 at 7:05 pm Reason: multi-quoute and unneeded comment removed