FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA stories (Travelling on United Airlines) (Archive)
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:01 am
rankourabu
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Anyone who uses the term "Lice" regardless of status, etc is just showing what little class he/she has. funny how this disgusting term is used mainly by FT'ers, the people that game the system more then anyone else. I get a kick out of someone on an award calling others "lice" yet that same "passenger" is the one walking home from LGA cuz he can't afford a taxi.

I very rarely fly Etihad as I just prefer EK but every blue moon Etihad is the only fight that works for me. I have no status wight them and 90% of the miles I have with them are thru my local credit card. So, I guess even thug Im a 20 year 1K with UA and a founding member of Skywards (and Plat as well), I must be "lice" when i fly Etihad. Ive said this before, I know people with rivage jets, no FF membership and can buy and sell almost anyone. Occasionally they must fly commercial for whatever reason. Are they lice:?

I think you are missing the meaning of "gate lice" - most often, these are people with status, and most often with a DYKWIA attitude that they must be special because they fly around the country presenting powerpoints and meeting clients, therefore noone dare board before them, even if it means camping out at the gate half an hour before boarding. See pic few posts up.