FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok: Which SPG hotel should I choose? [Master Thread]
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:33 am
jkingsle

Programs: UA 1K - 2mm, AA Platinum- 2mm, Starwood Lifetime Platinum (Ambassador)
Originally Posted by sink
I will be staying in BKK for 3 nights later this month and going back to sheraton. I have stayed at Westin the last couple of times because of the rate. I prefer the rooms at Sheraton than Westin. And I don't like to switch elevators at Westin. Moreover, upgrades to suites are hard to secure at the Westin. However, I have read on the forum that Sheraton suite upgrades are hard now because of the renovations.

Sheraton's lobby is on the second floor which access to the skybridge. You can take your luggage across easily. However, when you get to the Westin side, you have to lugged it down the stairs. I have heard that the bell at Sheraton may assist you in bringing your luggage over.
I have had the bellmen at either hotel help with hotel swaps, no problems at all.

I was recently at the Westin, two stays, both upgraded 5 days out using SNAs.

Same thing last time at the Sheraton using SNAs.

Bangkok seems to be back to it's normal busy self, so the hotels feel much fuller than they did at the beginning of the year -- which of course means more competition for the upgrades, etc.