FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oneworld connection protection on separate tickets
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:35 am
jagmeets

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by whimike
So, if I understand correctly, for the protection to exist, all flights have to be linked and through checked-in? I.e. I just had a recent flight, BOS-DFW-HKG on an AA ticket and HKG-MLE ticketed on BA but on CX metal. For protection I would somehow have to check in for all flights at BOS? Is it even possible for AA to check me in on a BA ticketed CX flight, and issue a boarding pass?!

How would one go about linking the two tickets? Last time I talked to AA they couldn't even view tickets with a BA record locator.
Most of my experience has been CX to/from AA and a couple of times with LA, and in the past I've received boarding passes for the 'separate ticket' segment(s) when checking in for the first flight.

AA has definitely checked me in for CX flights on a separate ticket (as has CX, for both AA and LA).

I've cross referenced AA and CX tickets in the past - suppose it should be similar for AA and BA. Call up one, and give the PNR and ticket number for the other. I did, once have a clueless AA phone agent once, but HUACA sorted that out.