FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Sep 17, 2014, 10:47 pm
y00y

Sorry if this has been asked before...

For the 15k miles bonus with the Citibank (middle tier) checking account, the current T&C states:

$15,000 in combined average monthly balances in eligible linked deposits, retirement accounts, loans and lines of credit, credit cards, mortgages and investment accounts

So, if I currently have 25k in credit card lines, would I meet the requirements by simply depositing $100 or any small amount, and meet the other requirements (debit purchase + bill pay) -- Would I be eligible for the 15k miles bonus? Or, would I need to deposit $15,000 in funds?

I did notice the T&C under numeral 8 indicates the lines of credit will no longer be contributing to the 15k combined as of 1/1/2015. Would I also be able to open this account with that $100, meet the other requirements, and close the account before 12/31/14 without any other closing fees? I didn't see any fees in the T&C, so just wanted to make sure.

EDIT: I meant to say, would I be both eligible for the 15k bonus and waiver of the monthly fee using the $100 and line of credit of 25k as my combined 15k....

Thanks for any and all input!

Last edited by y00y; Sep 17, 2014 at 10:55 pm