FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hertz hasn't charged my CC
View Single Post
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:33 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Hertz hasn't charged my CC

Hoping I can get some advice from the board, I've never quite had anything like this happen.

Rented a car for a full week from an HLE (corporate) location downtown (I'm used to renting from airport locations). Reserved from my profile, agreed to charge to my regular CC. Dropped off on time Wednesday one week ago, but they still have not charged the CC for the rental (as agreed, ~$300, including liability insurance).

Short version..everything went relatively normal. Returned to the same location - handed the key over personally, was given a receipt (though initially, I told them to just email it like normal). Received points on my account - I assume that means they have a record of the return somewhere

Long version...after taking the initial car they gave me, realized after driving a bit the interior was pretty dirty...adhesive stuff stuck on the outside of the glove box, in the holder where I put the parking card I needed to use, etc, stuff on the stereo...etc. Within 24 hours, called the HLE to ask about an exchange, they said they didn't have anything else, so I asked if I could exchange at the airport. They said not a problem. At the airport, they said the HLE should have handled it, but it wasn't a problem, got a nice new (and clean) car in the same class. Can't imagine this has anything to do with the not being charged. On returning the car, I did mention the initial car and having to exchange, and the clerk (the only on duty that I could see at the time) agreed to reduce the charges from just under $300 to $250. That was fine by me.

So now, I haven't had a charge on the CC I set up in my profile (nor any of the alternates in my profile). I'm not trying to get out of paying - want to do the right thing. But just don't know why this happened. Also realized, after the fact, that I didn't get the regular e-mail receipt shortly after returning.

So do I just call and see what they have listed. My worry is that somehow, they didn't mark the car as properly returned (I'm looking, but can't seem to find the printed receipt). Do I have anything to worry about? Anyone else been in the same situation?

If it makes a difference, I've been a Gold member for over 5 years - I wouldn't call myself a very frequent renter, but probably average about 5-6 rentals a year, and never had an issue...certainly not like this.