FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] JFK-CTA AA/LX USD$187 RT ai
View Single Post
Old Sep 14, 2014, 8:04 am
itrvl

Programs: UA Million Miler; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Titanium; Priority Club Platinum; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
Google flights is a very powerful search engine because it will not only show you connections that UA.com will typically not sell you, but it will also provide a direct link to booking those connections ON ua.com so that you can be assured of 016 ticket stock for PQ$ earning, etc. Same story for Hipmunk.

For instance, I recently priced out an itinerary for international travel on *A partners that included only a single UAX segment (everything else was NH and AC J). I was able to issue it no problem on UA.com, but no way no how could I get it through a search of the UA website.
I am pretty proficient on Matrix, but have only played around with Google Flights a little bit, mainly because I cannot find a calendar function like Matrix has. Does it have one and I'm just missing it? When I'm looking for MR's, because I have a flexible schedule, I use the calendar function a lot. Also, how about a multi-city search.

Matrix has been so on-again, off-again lately that I'd like to find an alternative. Thanks!