FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Exp moving to JNB, what to do about FFP?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 7:43 pm
dipthought

Programs: TK Elite Plus
AA Exp moving to JNB, what to do about FFP?

I apologize in advance for the slightly vague question - but I am sure I will get some useful perspective here.

I am an AA EXP based in GLA, 30k miles short now (with ~20k booked). I am moving to JNB in February, and since I'll be applying for a workp ermit middle of Dec, I only have 3 months to get the extra 10K. Now my travels will mostly involve JNB to GVA on work, and to DTW for personal reasons. I see about 6-7 of the former per year, and 2-3 of the latter, with some random travels thrown in.

Now if I keep AA EXP, I can use BA, but my new employers will prefer me booking the cheapest available to GVA, which looks like AF/KLM. SA is not really the the cheapest (at least from what I see), but I guess I can get *A status via Aegean. So I think I am trying to figure out if (1) making AA EXP is useful if I mostly fly BA (2) Should I go for a status match on a skyteam/*A and shift to mostly flying them to maintain status?

Thanks!