FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help with Staples Hours and transit
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2014, 7:26 am
ajGoes

Programs: UA MileagePlus
Originally Posted by flaviocc
- What time we have to leave the hotel and don't get stuck at traffic ? (I think this is the most important thing)
Originally Posted by SWCPHX
I would plan on leaving between 5 and 5:30 from the hotel. If you arrive a little early in downtown, there's plenty to walk around and kill time at near Staples. If you're renting a car as part of your visit, then drive, I wouldn't rely on a taxi or car service at that hour of the afternoon/early evening.
OP, just to clarify, you will certainly be stuck in heavy, stop-and-go traffic during this drive. Google says it would take 21 minutes without traffic (a condition that almost never exists). Leaving at 5 PM will give you ample time to crawl towards downtown LA on your choice of thoroughly clogged freeways. If you have a traffic-aware GPS, you should check current conditions to pick the less bad of the two logical routes.

On the bright side, you'll be going the opposite direction of the heaviest traffic. This route will be busy your way, too, but probably less than the other way.