FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A workflow discussion
View Single Post
Old Sep 6, 2014, 8:39 pm
glennaa11

Programs: most of them
I don't use Lr either. I've just never gotten into it. I've made a start from time to time but just building the catalog, keywording, etc is just too much trouble.

My workflow is a bit chaotic but it works for me. When I am traveling I backup all of the pictures at the end of every day to a portable HDD. But I also keep them on the SD cards too since cards are cheap these days. I only shoot RAW. I don't see much point to having all of those JPGs too since I never do anything with them. I will usually take a couple of shots that I like from each day and do some quick edits on my laptop to share with the folks back home.

Once I get home I copy all of the daily image folders to my computer's HDD and an external HDD. So I end up with a bajillion copies.

Typically I will have reviewed the photos the day I took them so I have a pretty good idea which images I like.

Since I shoot Olympus m43 when I travel these days I will often just do quick edits using the Olympus Viewer 3 software which does a great job with Oly RAW files.

But I also sometimes use DxO Optics Pro 9 since it does lots of corrections automatically. And if I am doing HDRs then I will use PS6/Nik HDR Efx. From time to time I will do some things with filters in PS if I want to do something more creative.

I always save the output files to a separate folder that collects all of the edited photos. Since I usually do a book with Blurb it helps to have them all in one place.

Last edited by glennaa11; Sep 7, 2014 at 9:07 am