FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Aug 27, 2014, 5:41 am
thexfactor

Originally Posted by whimike
You must be hard to please.

I find the EK F lounge to be one of the best lounges, anywhere.
Good for you.

I just happen not to think so. I just call it like I see it, and the way I see it is that EK F lounge trails the FCT and TG BKK.

Originally Posted by SFO777
OK, now I get it. You were ticked off about having to pay for your Cuban.

If you are talking about getting to/from the lounge as a connecting passenger, TG and LH are generally better experiences compared to EK where you are pretty much on your own. And as an originating passenger, it is hard to beat the LH FCT.

But once in the lounge, IMO, it is not even close. The new EK FCL is far superior to the TG FCL at BKK. IMO, it is also better than any of LH's FCLs but that can be a personal thing. I do prefer the intimacy of the FCT. Combine that with private check-in and security and limo transfer to your plane, I would personally give the FRA FCT the nod as the best lounge/departure experience anywhere.
Ha, I was ticked about the cigar, especially when they practically stuffed them in my pocket at the FCT gratis the last half dozen times I've visited.

But I'm curious why you think the EK F lounge is leagues better than TG FCL BKK? When I say I like the FCT and TG FCL BKK I mean to say the entire ground experience, not just the lounge itself.