FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:45 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
I found business class availability on SEA-DXB, and DXB-DAR in July 2015 via the KVS Tool. But of course it doesn't show up on the Alaska web site. I called the partner desk and asked about this and if they could do a "manual sell". She had to put me on hold and when she returned said that is not an available option with Emirates. Based on what I have read on here this is not correct information. Perhaps I should wait and call to talk with another rep? What has been your experience when you find award seats via KVS but not on Alaska?
If you can see it via the KVS Tool, then it can be booked, as long as you are able to find an Agent who is able and willing to do a Long-Sell:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#AgentSaysNo

Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
Isn't it true that a partner such as Emirates will have award seats open but won't allocate them to Alaska?
Originally Posted by CDKing
on bolded part 2, thats correct just becasue space is available to Emirates Skywards members does not mean space is available to partners. Its pretty common for a program to restrict award seats to partners.
EK Award Availability shown via the KVS Tool is, in fact, Partner Award Availability.