FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:35 pm
moler

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Originally Posted by charlesinseattle
I found business class availability on SEA-DXB, and DXB-DAR in July 2015 via the KVS Tool. But of course it doesn't show up on the Alaska web site. I called the partner desk and asked about this and if they could do a "manual sell". She had to put me on hold and when she returned said that is not an available option with Emirates. Based on what I have read on here this is not correct information. Perhaps I should wait and call to talk with another rep? What has been your experience when you find award seats via KVS but not on Alaska? Isn't it true that a partner such as Emirates will have award seats open but won't allocate them to Alaska?
I haven't used KVS for this. But in my experience, whenever an AS agent is willing to manual sell, he/she's been able to grab any saver seat I see available on EK.com. But be prepared to HUACA (hang up and call again) multiple times until you get an agent who will manual sell.

Last edited by moler; Aug 26, 2014 at 2:56 pm