FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas award on EK
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:11 am
Dave Noble
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
If it's a reschedule before the flight is under airport control, or before the passenger has checked-in, it is generally down to the issuing airline or travel agent as far as I understand. That's when we get the line from the operating carrier 'oh, we can't touch this'.
The general rules are no different to those detailed in EU261 which clearly highlights the operating carrier's responsibility

Where a carrier makes a change to a schedule it is required to rebook the passenger. the only thing the travel agent is responsible for is revalidating the ticket if necessary

Originally Posted by percysmith
I just remembered we seem to have gone through a lot of these arguments before: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ncelled-2.html - Dave asserting it's not the TA (QF)'s problem but you asserting it is QF's responsibility to reissue (I agree with you here).
It is not the TA's problem indeed; if it is a published schedule change that causes a need for the operating carrier to rebook the passenger, then it may not be possible for the operating carrier to reissue/revalidate the ticket which is where the TA comes in

If it is just a delayed flight then the TA has no involvement