FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Qantas award on EK
View Single Post
Old Aug 25, 2014, 4:30 am
percysmith
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
the operating airline will fix the schedule change, but whoever issued the ticket will need to revalidate or reissue. If you are unhappy with the change, or want a different option, you will be left to speak to your travel agent to fix it. That's when airlines roll out the 'oh, this is with the travel agent we can't speak to you' line.

FWIW I think the approach where airlines won't touch tickets issued by agents is pure rubbish and has little relevance in today's world with the internet.
Well we deal with airlines and TAs as we find them.

Had Flight Centre issued the SYD-AKL-NAN ticket then my first response is to contact them (if they have not contacted me of their own accord). I don't understand how Dave Noble can claim Flight Centre need not be in the loop in the case of delayed estimated departure before scheduled departure.

Not sure if issuing carrier (QF) has to be in the loop, or whether TA can contact operating carrier directly and revalidate or reissue the amended booking.

I just remembered we seem to have gone through a lot of these arguments before: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ncelled-2.html - Dave asserting it's not the TA (QF)'s problem but you asserting it is QF's responsibility to reissue (I agree with you here).