FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Aug 23, 2014, 5:34 pm
JEFFJAGUAR

Intereting experience with Barclaycard customer service today. In looking at one of the Barclaycard USA blogs, somebody complained that they had wanted the world elite card and had received the world master card although it has a chip. The lights went on in my head. The World Mastercard is the arrival card with no annual fee or so I believe. So apparently arrival cards without annual fees exist with chips.

Call customer service and the first csr who probably works with dozens of cards said no, not available. I asked to speak to a manager who also claims not available. But then I said okay send me the re-designed card and we'll see what happens. Don't understand why one person can get a chipped card and somebody else can't. (Of course she told me that all cardholders would have a chipped card by October 2015 but I told her that's a year and a half away).

We'll see what happens but is there anybody here who has the Arrival World Mastercard, not the elite mastercard, with a chip?