FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival Plus, now 70K w/$5k spend
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:00 pm
Superorb

[QUOTE=Happy;23374075
My suggestion is, ask for Reward Dept and dont bother to escalate to supervisor as it would be the Reward Dept handling your manual redemption any way.[/QUOTE]

When I had a problem not receiving my points I was able to talk to their corporate CSR department who said the rewards department cannot be called. The only way to talk to them was from a regular agent opening a case and sending it to the rewards department. I take everything with a grain of salt though.

Originally Posted by JEFFJAGUAR
Okay. The Arrivals+ has now been out for 3 or so months. How muchg longer will we peasants, too cheap to pay the annual fee, have to wait to get the regular arrivals card with an emv chip. Obviously they have mastered the technology so now they should offer the regular Arrivals card with an emv chip.
I've had a regular A+ (not the world mastercard) with a chip for months now and just got back from a month-long overseas trip. The card worked wonderfully everywhere, including unattended train kiosks.

Originally Posted by alexmt
But you're earning two points that are worth well under half what Chase UR points are worth... you should easily be able to find 2-4 cents/mile redemptions for MileagePlus and Avios...
Depends on what your goal is.

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
My Arrival+ did not work in Munich for the S-Bahn tickets (2 weeks ago). I ended up using my Andrew's card each time I bought tickets which worked fine. The Arrival+ worked fine as a chip+ signature card. My ARrival was upgraded to the A+ in May and one of the forms indicated to use the card once internationally as a chip+sig card and then the PIN would work afterwards - but it did not work in Munich.
Weird, I was able to use the Bahn machines in Frankfurt last month without issues. Once in Frankfurt I bought a bottle of water ($3.50!!) and after that all my PIN transactions worked fine all over EU and SE Asia.

Last edited by Superorb; Aug 21, 2014 at 6:05 pm