FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Retailers that allow large Cash Back with purchase
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:04 am
Mamibear

Originally Posted by buffball1
What is the advantage of cash back? I'm assuming if you use BB/Emerald card you can think of ways to move the money, is this for people who have low dollar gift cards? If I spend $20 on groceries but take out an extra $50, I'm losing the $20 in CC points if I'm using the prepaid GC, isn't the objective to always maximize points?
I used my USBuxx to get CB while buying something on sale at the store and they have the coupon for it making them just a few cents sometimes. Or let's say bananas are on sale 33 cents/lb, I buy one piece, then I press the $50 cashback. I like that it also posts as a purchase in my account history so that works for varying activity in my card instead of just load and w/d. In other words, I use prepaid cards for purchases $1 or less for purposes of getting CB.

If I'm spending more than $1, I choose the card with at least 1.5% CB or if it's an amex qualified grocery store, I use blue cash to maximize profit.