FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Complaints
View Single Post
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:50 am
subject2load

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I can understand the frustration felt by the OP at the sheer discourtesy and lack of response by Emirates. Their 'on the ground' service so often contrasts poorly with what is (mostly) a high quality in-flight experience. I think the suggestions by Often1 are pretty sound.

Comments by mrtdxb and ukdoctor above remind me of an old legendary story which did the rounds for several years, and which some of you may have heard. It concerned a complaint supposedly made to some or other rail company (fairly sure the tale is apocryphal, so it matters not which....) and the apparently personalised reply it received .....

A wealthy gentleman was badly bitten by bugs while riding on a certain railway line. Arriving at his destination, he wrote the company an indignant letter and received a prompt reply. It was, said the letter, the first complaint the company had ever had of this nature. Inquiry had failed to reveal any explanation for this unprecedented occurrence. Nevertheless, a number of new precautions were being taken to make absolutely certain such an unfortunate incident never happened again. The letter was signed by a high official of the railway.

The gentleman was well satisfied with this reply and was returning it to the envelope when a slip of paper fell out onto the floor. The hastily scribbled note on it read: "Send this guy the bug letter."