FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some people have no manners
View Single Post
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:02 am
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I suspect that I am the cause of this as it was mentioned in another thread and I remembered the thread but not all the melodrama.

However I, too, try not to judge others but I certainly can judge behaviour and whether it is polite or otherwise. I remember being on a train whilst some woman bellowed instructions to people who were clearly her subordinates. Seriously this woman had the edge on me for treacly insincerity (you try reading some of the drivel I am supposed to announce over the PA (the bit about Well Being Excercises being a case in point)) and her voice sounded like a collection of saucepans falling down Mont Blanc. her name was Henrietta. The train in general and the carriage in particular were left in little doubt of her name or her importance. This was in First Class I might add.

Finally a man who could stand it no more interrupted this stream of condescension and ill concealed demands to apologise for clearly intruding in her office!. The silence was deafening - then applause erupted (this was Essex after all). I think that she had got the point.

Now, if I were to be judgemental, I would say that she was an highly opinioned, asserted and aggressive young woman. However, she may be charming when not being Queen Bee! She may be brilliant at what she does.

She may one day be found by the side of the railway line. Others may not be as tolerant as us
Only back 5 minutes and already causing havoc! But much appreciated, enjoyable havoc