FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do I get seat assignment on an Air Canada Flight booked with United?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 10:50 am
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyzabit
It's annoying that:
1) As UA Gold / *A Gold you are not in the AC economy plus seats when codeshare
2) The AC record does not show your *A status - just your UA number.
3) The segments don't count as UA flight activity even though UA# as code share. Hopefully it will count as PQD since UA flight #.
Not sure what the policy is now - I think AC added some premium rows at the front of their aircraft - at least their narrowbody Airbus - within the last few months. I haven't flown them since then, however, *G should have access to bulkhead seats, but not exit rows. Not sure if the same applies for UA codeshare flights, but definitely on AC-coded flights I've been able to select bulkheads as a *G.

Correct, AC record doesn't show *G status. To be fair, most partner carriers don't show this information on the record you view online. Some offer access to certain seating not available to everyone, this is one way you can tell. You can always call and confirm you are showing as *G. BP will show UA*G, as mentioned by others - my AC BP's have always shown this (last flight I took with them was in May).

As for UA activity, presuming you are talking about lifetime miles. No, they don't, regardless of marketing carrier/flight number - it matters who is flying the aircraft. I understand this is a change for PMCO folks, but not for PMUA. And this fact was well publicized, at least in this forum, at the time of the time it happened. As for PQD - flight number is also irrelevant, what is relevant is ticket stock. If you bought this on the UA website, it is 100% on UA ticket stock, and therefore would earn miles. If bought through an OTA, may or may not be on 016 stock, and that would be the determination of whether it would count for PQD.