FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair reveals cabin design for next-generation Airbus A350 XWB aircraft
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:00 am
heatsink

Programs: AY Platinum
I have mixed feelings about this.

- J looks great, except I'm not a fan of being so far away from the window (even in the window seat).

- Y+ sounds extremely useful at that price, but only if the extra cost is constant across all ticket classes. Premium economy is a complete no go if it ends up being 2x the price because you have to get the highest ticket class.

- 3-3-3 is good on the A350, but I'll miss 2-4-2. I'd pay three times their announced Y+ fee if it were 8 across instead of providing more legroom, but I guess that option didn't work out for them

- Needing to pay for snacks on European flights: really bad. I don't even demand a full meal. A cold sandwich and soda costs them very little. On the other hand, if they get creative with the menu and actually offer great value for, say, 8 euros, I might be kinda excited. (But mediocre meals for 15e or dry donuts for 5e would seriously annoy me)

- Average: on the positive side, but it really depends on what the food will be like and whether Y+ has reasonable ticket classes. Otherwise the A330's are nicer than this.

Last edited by heatsink; Aug 13, 2014 at 10:06 am