FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Day Sky Club Pass.
View Single Post
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:05 am
AlphaEcho

Programs: VS
One Day Sky Club Pass.

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could possibly answer a quick question with regards to entry to the Delta Sky Club.

In December I am doing a quick day run from SFO – LAX – SFO purely to get some Virgin Atlantic tier points to gain status for next year (much easier than trying to do it here in the UK). I have no status with Delta whatsoever and am trying to see if I can get access to the LAX Sky Club whilst I’m in LAX for a few hours.

I’m booked on DL6427 (SFO-LAX) in First Class on a G class fare, then returning on DL6438 (LAX-SFO) in First Class on an A class fare. Flights were booked on the Delta website and are operated by Compass DBA Delta Connection.

As far as I can tell I don’t think that such a short domestic sector as this gives my access to the Sky Club (the wording on the Delta website isn't particularly clear to me), so I would be more than happy to purchase a One Day Sky Club Pass.

When I look at the Terms & Conditions for purchasing this pass it says:
“You can purchase a One-Day Pass while booking a flight, managing your itinerary in My Trips, or during check-in either online or at a Delta airport kiosk.”
When I look at My Trips in my itinerary there isn’t an option to purchase this pass!

Can someone who knows more than I do please let me know if:

1) I get access to the Sky Club on my domestic first class ticket and that’s why the option to purchase isn’t there, or,

2) I can’t purchase a day pass because my domestic flight isn’t eligible because it’s operated by Delta Connection.

Many thanks in advance.