One Day Sky Club Pass.

Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS
One Day Sky Club Pass.

Hi,

I would be grateful if someone could possibly answer a quick question with regards to entry to the Delta Sky Club.

In December I am doing a quick day run from SFO – LAX – SFO purely to get some Virgin Atlantic tier points to gain status for next year (much easier than trying to do it here in the UK). I have no status with Delta whatsoever and am trying to see if I can get access to the LAX Sky Club whilst I’m in LAX for a few hours.

I’m booked on DL6427 (SFO-LAX) in First Class on a G class fare, then returning on DL6438 (LAX-SFO) in First Class on an A class fare. Flights were booked on the Delta website and are operated by Compass DBA Delta Connection.

As far as I can tell I don’t think that such a short domestic sector as this gives my access to the Sky Club (the wording on the Delta website isn't particularly clear to me), so I would be more than happy to purchase a One Day Sky Club Pass.

When I look at the Terms & Conditions for purchasing this pass it says:
“You can purchase a One-Day Pass while booking a flight, managing your itinerary in My Trips, or during check-in either online or at a Delta airport kiosk.”
When I look at My Trips in my itinerary there isn’t an option to purchase this pass!

Can someone who knows more than I do please let me know if:

1) I get access to the Sky Club on my domestic first class ticket and that’s why the option to purchase isn’t there, or,

2) I can’t purchase a day pass because my domestic flight isn’t eligible because it’s operated by Delta Connection.

Many thanks in advance.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
No, and no, it's not a Delta Connection issue.

There are numerous ways to purchase a one-day pass.

https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...ction?odp=true
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Remember that there's a difference between a day pass (good for multiple lounges on the same travel day) and a SC single entrance.

Also, most AmEx nonaffiliated Plat and Centurion charge cards allow SC entrance for free when traveling on DL that day.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
1) No, you won't on that trip. The only domestic flights that grant SkyClub access are the trans-cons and a few other one-off segments.

2) Here is a link to purchase a one-day pass: https://www.delta.com/skyclub/purcha...ction?odp=true
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:24 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Do shuttle flights on FULL Y tickets give lounge access? I know PMNW did this for FastTrack in the form of giving people lounge passes to use that day or at a later date (which made sense because there were snacks in the gate area at most times of day and IIRC full Y passengers got free drinks on board too).
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: VS
Hi,

Thanks for the links, but there for the bulk purchase of passes, just want one, and the links on there refer back to buying it through your booking etc which didn't give me the option to do so as mentioned in my original post.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 10:22 am

Could it be too early to buy a pass for a December flight? I think most people do this during OLCI and print the pass at that time.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:29 am

very interesting that this option is not there. Also have an upcoming trip in a month and the option for a 1 day pass is nowhere to be seen.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 12:54 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AlphaEcho
Hi,

Thanks for the links, but there for the bulk purchase of passes, just want one, and the links on there refer back to buying it through your booking etc which didn't give me the option to do so as mentioned in my original post.
Sorry about that. You're right about the bulk purchase being the only option there.

I checked a friend's reservation (no status) and they had the option for a day pass. I don't have the option for a day pass on any of my reservations. I wonder if your Virgin Atlantic status is suppressing the day pass option for some reason. You might try removing your FF number from the reservation and then seeing if the day pass option appears. It should show up in the "Trip Extras" section.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 2:59 pm

I haven't looked recently but DL had been trying to sell me the day pass whenever I would purchase a ticket or do OLCI. Why didn't DL realize that I never need a day pass to get into the SC. In fact, when flying DL, I always have three or four means of access.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:37 pm

Even if the online option never appears, I believe you should be able to purchase one in the club. Just be sure you ask for the day pass and not the one visit pass.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CalVol
Even if the online option never appears, I believe you should be able to purchase one in the club. Just be sure you ask for the day pass and not the one visit pass.
The visit pass is only available to DL Amex cardholders. This does not appear to apply to OP.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 7:38 pm

Programs: DL PM
I was recently able to purchase a one-day pass (not an Amex single entry) upon arrival at a Sky Club with a valid ticket for same-day travel on a Delta flight (in economy, no less!).

It was $50. No hassles. No questions. Quick and easy.

Edit: I was never able to find a way to do this through the Delta app, despite their insistence about this point. Did not try online or at a kiosk, just walked straight up to the Dragon's Den, smiled, and asked for a one-day pass.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
I've been considering getting a couple of day passes. Most of my travel will be during the second half of the year. I also considered just buying a membership as it would be convenient. Is there no discount for elite members anymore. I haven't had a membership in years but when I was platinum I thought there was at least a bit of a discount.

I will likely just opt for a couple of passes.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:02 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec
Originally Posted by nichelle
I've been considering getting a couple of day passes. Most of my travel will be during the second half of the year. I also considered just buying a membership as it would be convenient. Is there no discount for elite members anymore. I haven't had a membership in years but when I was platinum I thought there was at least a bit of a discount.

I will likely just opt for a couple of passes.
Never mind. I found the answer to my question on Delta.com. There's a discount for exec level memberships.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.