FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Short trip report: Amandari + Amanusa, + site visit to Alila Villas Soori
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:05 am
Yahtzee

Programs: AA Million Miler, Mosaic, Delta Platinum
Short trip report: Amandari + Amanusa, + site visit to Alila Villas Soori

Back from a short weekend trip to Soori out of Singapore. A few follow up comments to deathscar's site visit. My only frame of reference for Asian beach resorts is the FS Jimbaran Bay and Trisara. I'd put Soori above The Four Seasons but, unsurprisingly to many here, below Trisara by some margin. That said, the pricing was consistent with the latter ranking.

1. The main pool is, as the OP noted, rather uninspiring.
2. But, one really needs to get an ocean pool villa, which makes the main pool situation moot.
3. Loved the layout and decor of the villa. Not complete privacy if folks along the beach are determined to look but really excellent.
4. That's important because this place seems really isolated. Exactly what I was looking for but others should know that going in.
5. As ds noted, spa was great -- I did need to tell the masseuse to ease up and I really don't like when they massage the stomach.
6. Food was great but breakfast in the villa easily trumps the restaurant.
7. All the way around, prices are very reasonable.
8. Service was solid and of course in bali pleasant.

Since I'm rarely on this part of the world, too much to see to rush back. But it's a good option for folks who don't want to pay Aman prices but have a good visit.