FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for visiting Mexico 🇲🇽 as a tourist (FMM, "tourist card", visa, etc.)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 4:28 pm
SJOGuy

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Yes. The airport tax is included in the price of your ticket these days. Now if we could only get Costa Rica to adopt that system, but that's another thread ...

Originally Posted by JDiver
Prior to or during your flight you should be given given two forms to fill out - one for Immigration (FMM or "Tourist Card" - be sure to fill out both sides) and another for Customs (Customs Declaration Form). The ~$20 fee is normally paid by your airline if you are flying on and is included in your ticket price. It will speed up everyone's passage if you complete these before you land. However, if you don't receive the forms on the flight, extra copies are always available in the Mexican port of entry (POE) airport (they may be in Spanish).
I'm probably one of the few people who goes to Los Cabos for work. I've noticed that upon arrival at SJD, they won't even let you in the immigration line until you show the "line dragon" that you've got your forms completely filled out. If you don't, he or she banishes you off to another area to fill out the forms, and don't you come back until you've done so. Then, and only then, are you allowed in line. At that airport, I think a lot of people get off the plane and think, "I'm in Cabo. It's time to party! Oh. Forms? What forms?"

Last edited by SJOGuy; Aug 6, 2014 at 4:33 pm