FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Various questions on domestic NZ flights
View Single Post
Old Aug 6, 2014, 3:06 am
malmostoso

Various questions on domestic NZ flights

Hello NZ forum,

I will be travelling within NZ early next year and I was looking at my options. In particular, I am looking at a AKL-ZQN-AKL trip in mid-February.
At that time, I will be LH*G, while my girlfriend is A3*G.
While Jetstar fares are cheaper, they do not include any luggage. Once the luggage is included, the price is head to head with NZ so I think I'd prefer to travel with NZ if anything to at least exploit status.
Here are my questions:

1) If I buy a seat-only fare, and I am *G, do I have 1 free bag? I understand that the rule is "1 bag on top of the fare allowance", so in this case it would be 0+1 bags. Honestly buying the bag is 10$ right now, so it wouldn't break the bank anyway
2) How about lounge access when travelling economy domestic? Is *G enough for access? Flights are short and I don't think we'll need it, but it's nice to have the option.
3) Some flights on NZ website are not direct, but include very short stopovers in WLG or CHC, sometimes as short as 30 minutes. Are these connections common? MCT in WLG and CHC seem indeed really short, but the slightest delay can throw everything in the air.

Thank you for your answers!