FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Chicago, IL
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:49 am
draerospace

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Well then they'll continue to get away with it. Your choice of course, but not asking for the $100 rewards bad behavior.

Cheers.
I ran into issue with the restaurant inside this hotel , claiming they run separate from Marriott ( not letting me charge to my room) . So I went to the front desk and ask about it . They said I could charge it to my room even they are separate ownership.

so anyways , I decided to bring up the fact that there was no welcoming gift as guarantee in this hotel for their platinum elite . She immediately ask me to pick either $10 credit or 500 pts , later she apologized for the situation with the restaurant as well as not mentioning the welcoming gift at arrival. I was offered compensation of 5000pts plus $10 credit. However no $100 .

I think Marriott should just take away welcoming gift at once, most of the hotel I stayed into , always always miss this, unless you mention it right in their face immediately. I feel like elite perks are not served to you, you have to tell them what you know to get the deal.

However to be fair , despite of no room upgrade (well at 11 floors facing inside) . Service here is excellent, from bell boy, check in, Executive lounge(best service I ever had in a lounge) , hotel is very clean and quiet . I would definitely put more stay in this hotel when i come to Chicago.