FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Frankfurt [FRA] 2009-2023 (retired)
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:14 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by stevegates
Hi,

I will be connecting in FRA for a bit less than 4 hours coming September. Would love to take a shower/bath in business lounge. I have tried to read through the FRA guide but seems difficult as there is no way for me to know which gate it will be for arrival and depart. Wondering anyone can give me some general advice? My flight is LH729 and connecting flight is for Milan.

Thanks!
Have you checked the first post of the FRA connection thread? Use this link to find where your flight arrived/departed from in the last few days, though the actual gates can change from day to day.

Since LH729 will be A380 it will almost certainly arrive at a Z gate. Flights to Milan usually depart from an A bus gate (though today LH254 is expected to depart from a B bus gate at the end of the tunnel from the A concourse). Whichever way your options are the Business Lounge near gate A13 or the former First Class Lounge which has been turned into a Business Lounge above gate A26. They both have showers though the A13 lounge has more of them. If you are arriving from PVG in Business you will also have access to the Welcome (Arrivals) Lounge which is landside. Since you will have to clear passport control and security in FRA anyway, you may like to try the Welcome Lounge as well. More information in this thread and this post.