FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FRA and MUC LH lounge forum
View Single Post
Old Jul 30, 2014, 2:13 pm
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by milepig
Mrs. Milepig is flying ORD-FRA-BCN with a 6:10 connection in FRA. (She could go earlier, but I'll be catching up with her coming in on a later flight - long story.) She's booked in Global First (O class) on 016 stock for the entire trip, using my miles, she has no status of her own.) Because I used my miles my MP number, along with *Gold is showing on the booking. The connection is on LH, which is showing on the LH site as "I class". We'll both eventually be connecting to the same flight FRA-BCN.

She is good at following directions but not as intrepid a traveler as I am. Which lounges will she have access to, and where should I recommend she go.

My later connection is 2:20, so I could either meet her at a lounge or just at the gate.
Is your wife on UA944 or UA907? Whichever flight she's on she should have enough time to go landside and visit the Welcome (Arrivals) Lounge. It can be found on the arrival level close to baggage claim C. Her arriving BP should give her access. More information may be found here. It has a better selection of breakfast than any of the Business Lounges to which your wife will also have access. She will have to clear passport control in FRA anyway so going landside to the Welcome Lounge only adds one security check on the way back to the departure gate. However, the lounge closes at 1.00PM (last admission 12.30) so she may have to leave the lounge before you arrive in FRA.

If she'd rather not go to the Welcome Lounge the best Business Lounge she has access to is above gate A26 after passport control. This is a former First Class Lounge and tends to be quieter than other lounges as it is a little out of the way. It even has two day rooms which she can use if they are free. Keys can be obtained from the shower room attendant.

Since she has more than 6 hours she can go to the Welcome Lounge first and later move (after clearing security to go airside again) to the A26 lounge. Flights to BCN depart from A gates. As *G you will have access to the A26 lounge as well as the SEN lounge on the way to gate A50 to which you can invite your wife as a guest.

If you are not familiar with FRA you may like to check the FRA connection thread.